|Version Number||Length of Road Covered|
|Version 24/13 TomTom||1,509,759 km|
|Version 23/12 TomTom||1,459,541 km|
|Version 22/11 TomTom||1,329,150 km|
|Version 21/10 Whereis® Maps||1,322,187 km|
|Version 20/9 Whereis® Maps||1,318,325 km|
|Version 19/8 Whereis® Maps||1,303,570 km|
|Version 18/7 Whereis® Maps||1,290,817 km|
|Version 17/6 Whereis® Maps||1,285,021 km|
A range of enhanced safety features are available including advanced warning of potential traffic disruptions, such as railway crossings, school zones and speed limits.
Guidance on the best lane to be in to prepare yourself for an upcoming turn, exit or to continue on your current course.
EXTENSIVE POINTS OF INTEREST
Whereis Maps leverages the content collected by the Yellow Pages® and White Pages® directories as well as more than 160 other sources of data.
Whereis Map data covers 99.1% of the street network in Australia and New Zealand - that’s pretty much everywhere!
VICTORIA MAP DATA FEATURES
- Sneydes Road – Princes Freeway diamond interchange upgrade and addition of dual carriageway.
- Burke Road – Glen Iris level crossing removal.
- Mountain Highway – Bayswater level crossing removal.
- Dingley Bypass – Added between Warrigal Road to Westall Road.
- Western Highway – Duplication between Beaufort and Buangor
- Three new bridges
- Princes Highway East
- Princes Highway East
- Duplication from Traralgon to Sale
- Duplication from Wurruk to Sale.
TASMANIA MAP MAJOR NEW CHANGES
- No new changes.
SOUTH AUSTRALIA MAJOR NEW CHANGES
- Onkaparinga Valley Road and Woodside Road – Roundabout added and dual carriageway extended.
- Main South Road upgrade – New geometry between Old Coach Road to Malpas Road.
- Safety upgrade on Augusta Highway, Mambray Creek – Realignment of Spencer Road intersection.
- South Road Superway – Stage 2 of the north-south transport corridor upgrade delivers a 4.8 kilometre non-stop corridor and 2.8 kilometre elevated roadway.
NEW SOUTH WALES MAJOR NEW CHANGES
- Pacific Highway upgrade near Sancrox – 3 new roundabouts.
- Werrington Arterial Road interchange – Creation of interchange with M4 and widening of Kent Street and Gipps Street.
- Westconnex M5 near King Georges Road – Interchange upgrade of slip lanes roads and lanes. /li>
- Richmond Road upgrade, Stage 2 – Upgrade to dual carriageway with 4 lanes.
- Westconnex M4 - Parramatta to Haberfield Stage 1 – Upgrade to 4 lanes in both directions.
- Beecroft Road and Carlingford Road intersection upgrade – Addition of right turn lane.
- Pacific Highway upgrade - Nambucca Heads to Urunga – Additional lane and geometry.
- Pacific Highway upgrade - Tintenbar to Ewingsdale replacement of Tulladunna Bridge over Namoi River on Kamilaroi Highway – Replacement of bridge.
- Princes Highway – Upgrade at Gerringong for 15km of geometry.
- Camden Valley Way – Stage 3 upgrade Bringelly Road to Ingleburn Road.
- Cumberland Highway upgrade – installation of right turn bays on John St, St Johns Road and Hamilton Road and upgrade of Wetherill Street from 2 lanes to 4 lanes.
- Seventh Street extension, Mascot – Extend Seventh Street to Qantas Drive.
- James Ruse Drive – Intersection upgrade improving access to and from Grand Avenue and Hassal Street, Rosehill.
- Hunter Expressway – Addition between F3 (M1 at Seahampton) to Branxton (New England Highway).
- M5 corridor expansion – South West Motorway widening from Camden Valley Way to King George’s Road.
QUEENSLAND MAJOR NEW CHANGES
- Bruce Highway from Cooroy to Curra – Section A, Cooroy southern interchange to Sankeys Road.
- Steve Irwin Way and Bowen Road – Intersection upgrade.
- Mt Lindesay Highway – Addition of turning lanes.
- Steve Irwin Way and Reed Street, Glass House Mountains – Intersection and dual carriageway upgrade.
- Olsen Avenue – Widening and lane upgrade.
- Pacific Motorway – Coomera exit 54 interchange upgrade, new dual carriageway and overpass.
NORTHERN TERRITORY MAJOR NEW CHANGES
- Roystonea Avenue and Palmerston Road upgrades – New lanes and widening.
- Temple Terrace and Roystone Avenue intersection upgrade, Yarrawonga – Intersection upgrade.
- Tiger Brennan Drive – Duplication from Woolner Road to Berrimah Road.
WESTERN AUSTRALIA MAJOR NEW CHANGES
- Great Eastern Highway – Intersection and Central Avenue and Dunreath Drive connection upgrades.
- Perth Freight Link – Roe Highway upgrade from Tonkin Highway to Orrong Road.
- Graham Farmer Freeway and East Parade – Intersection upgrade, new geometry and lane information.
- Tonkin Highway
– Abernethy Road on-ramp to Tonkin Highway
– Newgrade separated interchanges at Dunreath Drive and Leach Highway.
- Kwinana Freeway southbound
– Widening stage 1 - Roe Highway to Armadale Road
– Widening stage 2 - Armadale Road to Russel Road.
SOUTH ISLAND MAJOR NEW CHANGES
- SHl Russley Road and George Bellew Road - Intersection upgrade.
- SHl at Russley Road - Addition of over-bridge and intersection realignment.
- SHl at Johns Road - Addition of roundabout at Clearwater.
NORTH ISLAND MAJOR NEW CHANGES
- SHl at Ellerslie - Lane widening project.
- SH3 Rangitikei Street and Tremaine Avenue - Intersection improvement and widening.
- SHl at Brynderwyn Hills - Realignment project and conversion to dual carriageway
- SH3 at Normanby - Bridge construction and realignment.
- SHl at Northland - Akerama realignment with straightening and widening.
- SHl at Rangiriri - New geometry between South Auckland and Cambridge.
HOW DO I UPDATE MY MAPS?
For those of us that have an in-built dashboard satellite navigation system in our vehicle, the maps do not automatically update themselves but thankfully it’s easy to do.
All you need to do is insert the DVD or SD card into your vehicle’s electronic navigation unit then follow the instructions. You’ll find it can take up to five minutes, so be patient and make sure to keep your vehicle on for the entire upload process.
Once the data upload is complete, a message will appear on the dashboard display. Simply follow the system prompts from there to complete the process. Easy!
For any questions, please contact your local car dealer or contact TomTom on 1800 819 471.