|Version Number||Length of Road Covered|
|Version 25/14 TomTom||1,523,147 km|
|Version 24/13 TomTom||1,509,759 km|
|Version 23/12 TomTom||1,459,541 km|
|Version 22/11 TomTom||1,329,150 km|
|Version 21/10 Whereis® Maps||1,322,187 km|
|Version 20/9 Whereis® Maps||1,318,325 km|
|Version 19/8 Whereis® Maps||1,303,570 km|
|Version 18/7 Whereis® Maps||1,290,817 km|
|Version 17/6 Whereis® Maps||1,285,021 km|
Guidance on the best lane to be in to prepare yourself for an upcoming turn, exit or to continue on your current course.
EXTENSIVE POINTS OF INTEREST
TomTom leverages the content collected by the Yellow Pages® and White Pages® directories as well as more than 160 other sources of data.
TomTom Map data covers 99.1% of the street network in Australia and New Zealand - that’s pretty much everywhere!
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY MAP MAJOR NEW CHANGES
- Cotter Road realigned north east of Tuggeranong Parkway.
NEW SOUTH WALES MAJOR NEW CHANGES
Pacific Highway upgrade.
Oxley Highway to Kempsey – 37km of Pacific Highway upgraded to 2 lane dual carriageway between north of the Oxley Highway to the south of Kempsey.
Warrell Creek to Nambucca Heads – 16 km of Pacific Highway upgraded to 2 lane dual carriageway bypassing Macksville and Nambucca Heads.
- Added new ‘Phillip Hughes’ Bridge over the Nambucca River.
Halfway Creek to Glenugie – 12km of Pacific Highway upgraded to 2 lane dual carriageway between Grays Road and Franklins Road at Glenugie.
- Added twin bridges over Halfway Creek and Wells Crossing Creek and a new heavy vehicle inspection bay.
Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek – 14km of Pacific Highway upgraded to 2 lane dual carriageway between Arrawarra interchange and Grays Road at Halfway Creek. Added an interchange at Range Road, twin bridges over Corindi floodplain as well as local access bridges over the highway at Sherwood Creek Road and Kangaroo Trail Road.
Foxground and Berry bypass – 12.5km of Princess Highway upgraded to 2 lane dual carriageway between Toolijooa Road and south of Andersons Lane. The upgrade includes a bypass of the existing winding highway at Foxground and a bypass of Berry with access ramps at the north and south of the town.
Construction of a twin 9km dual-lane tunnel linking Sydney’s M1 Pacific Motorway at Wahroonga to the Hills M2 Motorway at the existing Pennant Hills Road interchange.
- Trewilga - Newell Highway realignment.
Upgrading and realigning of 6.5km of the Newell Hwy north of Parkes.
- Great Western Highway upgrade at Kelso.
2.8km of highway upgraded to 2 lane dual carriageway along with new shoulder and parking lanes added on both sides of the highway. The intersections upgraded with traffic lights, right turn bays and roundabouts.
- A new wider bridge built across Boyd Creek.
- Schofields Road upgrade and extension Stage 2.
Tallawong Road to Veron Road - An underpass of the Richmond railway line near Schofields train station connecting to Veron Road. Boundary Street, Roseville upgrade.
Widening of Boundary Street on the northern side from the Pacific Highway to Melnotte Avenue and upgrading the intersection of Boundary Street with Pacific Highway and Corona Avenue by adding turning lanes.
NORTHERN TERRITORY MAJOR NEW CHANGES
- Tiger Brennan Drive realigned between Woolner Road & Berrimah Road.
QUEENSLAND MAJOR NEW CHANGES
Bruce Highway - Boundary Road interchange upgrade.
Added 6-lane bridge over the highway with longer on and off-ramps to improve safety.
- Bruce Highway (Tinana interchange) upgrade.
Added northbound off-ramp to provide a left-hand diverge and provide a new overpass structure with both through lanes of highway traffic travelling under the new overpass
Relocating the Three Mile Road intersection about 300m south of its current location to accommodate the new northbound off-ramp and maintain safe turning movements at the intersection
Removing the southbound off-ramp to Gympie Road due to poor geometry and constructing a new southbound off-ramp to Iindah Road to cater for southbound traffic.
Upgrading the existing southbound on-ramp to improve the merge with the highway by constructing a longer acceleration lane and improving visibility.
Bruce Highway - Cooroy to Curra, Section C.
- 11km of 2 lane dual carriageway added between Traveston and Woondum with new on and off ramps.
- Townsville Northern Access Intersections Upgrade. – 5.5km of the Bruce Highway has been widened between Veales Road and Pope Road.
- Toowoomba Second Range Crossing project. – 41km bypass route added to the north of Toowoomba with an expected opening in late 2018.
- Gateway Upgrade North project.
- Upgrading 11km of Gateway Motorway from 4 to 6 lanes between Nudgee and Deagon, with additional pavement and safety works through to Bracken Ridge.
- Warrego Highway Upgrade Program.
-Toowoomba to Oakey Duplication Stage 2
- Duplicating Warrego Highway from Leesons Road to just west of the intersection with Kingsthorpe Haden Road and adding new 2 lane road parallel to the existing Warrego Highway.
- Eton Range, Peak Downs Highway upgrade.
- 4km of Peak Downs Highway realigned and upgraded with additional lanes.
- Mount Lindesay Highway - Beaudesert Town Centre Bypass.
- 2km of dual lane road added bypassing the town centre.
- Rothwell Intersection Upgrade.
- Upgraded Rothwell roundabout at Deception Bay Road and Anzac Avenue to a multi-lane signalised intersection.
SOUTH AUSTRALIA MAJOR NEW CHANGES
Torrens Road to River Torrens project extension – grade separation on South Road & Torrens Road and extension of the lowered motorway by 1km.
TASMANIA MAP MAJOR NEW CHANGES
Midland Highway 10 Year Action Plan.
- This project is dedicated to improving road safety by road widening, extending sealed shoulders, new overtaking lanes, improved junctions, and installing flexible safety barriers to eliminate head-on collisions. Sections completed so far include:
• North and South of Spring Hill
• Kempton to Melton Mowbray Stage 1 & Stage 2
• South of Kempton
• Esk Main Road Junction Conara
• White Lagoon (Tunbridge) to Mona Vale.
VICTORIA MAP DATA FEATURES
CityLink Tulla Widening project.
- Bell Street interchange improvements by adding new traffic signals to the freeway entry ramp and a new bridge connecting Bell Street to Pascoe Vale Road.
- New exits to Bell Street by adding a separate 2 lane road from the Calder-Tulla interchange.
- Added extra lane on the exit ramp from the Bolte Bridge to the Burnley Tunnel/south-eastern suburbs, changing the way to exit the bridge.
- Added an extra lane to help drivers merge more safely onto the West Gate Freeway during peak times.
- Flemington Road interchange upgraded by adding a new two-lane bridge connecting Mount Alexander Road to Flemington Road and by adding 2 new lanes on the Flemington Road exit ramp. Princes Freeway East - Sand Road Interchange upgrade.
WESTERN AUSTRALIA MAJOR NEW CHANGES
Mitchell Freeway Extension - Burns Beach Road to Hester Avenue.
- 6km of dual carriageway added with new interchanges at Burns Beach Road, Neerabup Road and Hester Avenue.
Great Northern Highway - Muchea to Wubin Upgrade Stage 2.
- New Norcia Bypass - 6km bypass redirects traffic from the Great Northern Highway on to a bypass route east of the historic monastic town of New Norcia and includes a new 88m bridge over Moore River.
NorthLink WA Southern Section upgrade.
- Guildford Road to Reid Highway - New bridges and interchanges at Collier Road and Morley Drive intersection, a flyover to take Benara Road over Tonkin Highway and upgrades to Tonkin Highway north of Guildford Road to 3 lanes in each direction.
Arthur River Project.
- Albany Highway, Coalfields Road and Arthur Road Intersection Upgrade. Realignment of the intersection, the addition of slip roads and improved lane connectivity.
Charles Street Bus Bridge and Busway Project
- A new 120m Bus Bridge (Charles Street bus bridge) over Graham Farmer
SOUTH ISLAND MAJOR NEW CHANGES
SH1 Barters Road/Pound intersection upgrade.
- Major realignment of Pound Road and Waterloo Road with the addition of traffic lights and a new railway crossing to improves access and safety for motorists.
SH1 Spring Creek safety improvements.
- Addition of a roundabout between Ferry road, Rapaura road and State Highway1, traffic islands on all approaches and dedicated turn lanes to improve the safety at Spring Creek intersection.
NORTH ISLAND MAJOR NEW CHANGES
SH1 Kapiti Expressway project.
- 18km of 2 lane dual carriageway added between Mackay and Peka Peka with new bridges over Waikanae rives.
SH1 Whangarei improvements.
- This project runs on the 6km corridor of State Highway 1 through the city by widening the highway to allow 4 lanes of traffic, intersection upgrades and road safety improvements. New sections completed are:
• Kensington to Manse Street
• Selwyn to Fourth Avenue 4-laning
• SH1/SH14 Intersection improvements.
SH2/58 Haywards Interchange.
- A grade-separated interchange at the intersection of State Highway 2 and State Highway 58, replacement of the existing underpass with a footbridge across SH2 to Manor Park Road and Manor Park station and realignment of Manor Park highway connection, Hebden Crescent and McDougal Grove.
SH5/SH30 Hemo Road Roundabout.
- Construction of a new roundabout to replace the SH30/SH5 intersection in Rotorua to boost safety for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
SH2 Te Puna Road/Minden road roundabout.
- Construction of a new 2 lane roundabout to replace the Te Puna/Minden road 'T' intersection allowing safe access to the state highway from the local roads.
SH20A to Airport
- A grade-separated interchange at the intersection of George Bolt Memorial drive (SH20A) and Kirkbride road, traffic lights at Richard Pearse/Ascot road and Westney road/Kirkbride road intersections.
SH1 Hamilton Bypass Project.
- 22km of 2 lane dual carriageway added between Lake road junction with the Ngaruawahia section in the north to the existing Tamahere interchange deviation just south of Hillcrest opening in Jan 2020.
HOW DO I UPDATE MY MAPS?
For those of us that have an in-built dashboard satellite navigation system in our vehicle, the maps do not automatically update themselves but thankfully it’s easy to do.
All you need to do is insert the DVD or SD card into your vehicle’s electronic navigation unit then follow the instructions. You’ll find it can take up to five minutes, so be patient and make sure to keep your vehicle on for the entire upload process.
Once the data upload is complete, a message will appear on the dashboard display. Simply follow the system prompts from there to complete the process. Easy!
For any questions, please contact your local car dealer or contact TomTom on 1800 819 471.